Department of Hydrology (DH)
Department of Hydrology (DH) is a basic Research Unit of the Institute of Geosciences (IGEO) under the Polytechnic University of Tirana (PUT), based on the order No.371, date 28.7.2011 on the establishment of the ex-Institute of Geosciences, Energy, Water and Environment (IGEWE), issued by the ex-Ministry of Education and Science, the present Institute of Geosciences (IGEO); Law No. 85, date 22.07.2015 “For the Higher Education and Scientific Research in the Republic of Albania” and relevant by-laws in its implementation, especially the Statute of the Polytechnic University of Tirana (PUT), as approved by the order No. 10, date 11.01.2019, of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, as well as on the internal regulatory acts, which:
- Continously Monitor and Record the Hydrological Activity in Albania;
- Operate and administers the National Centre for Forecast and Monitoring of Natural Hazards (NCFMNH);
- Guaranty real time Water Level Information dissemination and support the activities of the National Agency of Civil Protection (NACP) due preparedness, mitigation and response operational and research activities;
- Conduct basic and applied Research in Hydrology and Hydraulics;
- Integrate the research activity in that of teaching.
- Conduct hydrological for third parties;
It represent the only national infrastructure for earthquake monitoring, seismological research and seismic hazard assessment.